Who are we?
Parklife is a grant funding programme which is financially supported by The Football Association Limited (“The FA"), Sport England (“SE”) and The Football Association Premier League Limited (“The Premier League”) and delivered by The Football Foundation (“FF”) (together the “Parklife Partners”). The Parklife Partners collectively invest alongside local authorities and other local stakeholders in sports facilities in a bid to get more people playing football in top-class and financially sustainable surroundings.
Pulse Soccer Limited and Leisure United Limited (“Pulse”) manages the Sheffield Parklife facilities on behalf of the Sheffield Football Trust and Sheffield City Council (together "the Pulse Partners"). Pulse is contractually required to provide monitoring and evaluation information back to the Parklife Partners and the Pulse Partners.
The information you provide
Pulse may ask you to provide information to us or collect data from you on different occasions, including at a number of points on the Site, such as when you:
- register to use the facilities;
- e-mail enquiries, contributions or your views to us;
- enter competitions;
- register to receive or download information, newsletters or other documentation; or
- purchase goods or services from us.
The information that you are asked to provide will vary depending on the reason for the collection. In some instances, for example, if you purchase goods or services from us, the provision of certain information will be mandatory.
We do not allow anyone under 16 years of age to register directly for our services. If you wish to register anyone under 16 years of age for our services, a parent or guardian will be required to complete the registration and the parent or guardian will be our primary contact in respect of that registration.
Sensitive Personal Data
Data Protection law gives special protection to sensitive personal data which will include data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, or commission of or proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by an individual.
We may collect information about an individual's health so we can provide a better service and make any necessary adjustments to our services. We may also collect data relating to racial or ethnic origin solely for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring. We will not process sensitive personal data without first obtaining your prior consent.
How Pulse, the Pulse Partners and Parklife Partners use your information
Pulse shall use your personal information to:
- enable you to use the facilities;
- administer the Parklife services;
- respond to enquiries;
- fulfil any contract that Pulse may enter into with you;
- to help Pulse identify new users;
- to keep you updated by email of important information regarding the service(s) Pulse is providing to you; and
- to monitor participation levels of our products and services.
The Parklife Partners shall use your personal information to:
- monitor participation levels in the service;
- acknowledge any contribution that you may make; and
- for research purposes.
Pulse, the Pulse Partners and the Parklife Partners may also use your information:
- to send information to you;
- to send marketing information to you in accordance with the provisions set out below;
- for any other reasonable purposes for which you have provided such information; and
- to link the data with the FA's existing online administration systems including the Whole Game System and FAN System.
Pulse, the Pulse Partners and the Parklife Partners may also disclose the information to the extent required to do so by applicable law.
Marketing to you
If you have indicated that you are happy to receive marketing information:
- Pulse and Pulse Partners may send you marketing information by post, e-mail or SMS; and
- the Parklife Partners and selected third parties (including the commercial partners of The FA) may send you marketing information by post, e-mail or SMS.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information relating to Parklife, please update your preferences online (where this facility is available) or alternatively write to us at the address below.
Please note that even if you choose not to receive marketing information, Pulse may send you non-marketing information including by post, email and SMS from time to time in order to provide you with the services. We may aggregate the information you send to us with other data (so that you cannot be identified from that data) and use that aggregated data for administrative purposes and/or share it with other people.
We will share your information as follows:
- Pulse will share your information with its affiliates and third party service providers if this is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes above. Such third party service providers are not entitled to use your information for their own purposes;
- Pulse, the Pulse Partners and the Parklife Partners will share your information with third parties (including advertisers) for marketing purposes (in accordance with the paragraph entitled "How Pulse uses the information" above) if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such information. However sensitive data (including health data and ethnic origin data) will not be shared for marketing purposes. Your information may also be shared with third parties for the purpose of participation in third party reward programs but only if you have consented to participating in the relevant reward program. Some of these third parties may be located outside of the United Kingdom, including in countries where data protection laws might not exist or be of a lower standard than the EU.
Protection of information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we implement various security measures in relation to our processing and transfer of personal data. However, the nature of the internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
When you visit the Site, we may collect, process and use the information about you which may not personally identify you but which may be helpful for improving the operation of the Site. Such information may be collected through "traffic data" and may entail the use of "cookies", "IP Addresses" or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
These cookies remember choices you make when you visit our Site such as your search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can delete cookies or configure your computer to reject them please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site. For more information, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.
Your right to access the information
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to do this please make a written application to the address provided below. We may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administrative fee (which is currently £10) to provide a copy of the information that we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Updating your information
In the event that there is a change to your personal information for example your contact details, please let us know of this by updating your details online (where this facility is available) or writing to us at the address provided below, so that we can keep your information up to date and accurate.